TV Reception Acer L3600

Epirb406 19:40 24 Jun 09

I have got an Acer L3600 compact computer as a media centre in my office.

I like it because it is quiet, small and a bit faster than the Mega 865 it replaced.

All is working fine except for the TV functionallity.

The Analogue terrestrial TV reception is lousy.

The old PC had a Hauppague dual (Analogue and digital) tuner and worked perfectly.

So, Straight from one to the other it strikes me that it can only be one thing, the quality of the tuner.....

With no room for expansion in the box I feel a bit stuck, any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Epirb.

Stuartli 21:51 24 Jun 09

The analogue performance, providing you still receive such TV signals, should be equally as good as Freeview; however, you still need a decent signal for the best results.

I have a five-year-old Twinhan Freeview PCI TV card which provides first class displays using Freeview transmissions and can also deliver excellent Ceefax/Teletext pages on analogue.

Stuartli 21:52 24 Jun 09

In fact, as analogue signals are very much stronger than digital transmissions until the full switchover, performance should be better than with digital programmes.

Epirb406 22:09 24 Jun 09

No Problem with the signal strength, digital is flakey here but analogue is good.

Real point is that unplugged one working system and plugged in one that works less well, ergo, no problems wih signal strength.

Thanks, Epirb.

Epirb406 21:17 25 Jun 09

Last try, any ideas??

I think it is a lousy quality TV tuner but would love to be proved wrong or find a fix!

Cheers, Epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…