TV Picture

lynnie 20:30 04 Apr 03

I have connected an aerial up to pc to put picture on monitor but it is a really bad picture. How can I get a decent picture and possibly record to hard drive?

Lynn

Gongoozler 20:38 04 Apr 03

Hi Lynn, assuming you have a tv receiver card in your computer, and that it has the proper drivers and the correct tv channel is selected, then you should have no picture problem. Have you checked the aerial gives a decent picture on a conventional tv set?

lynnie 20:43 04 Apr 03

Will try that last thing

Thanks

graham 20:47 04 Apr 03

Let us know in the morning, then. :-)

tell 23:12 04 Apr 03

can you tell us what graphics card you are using,
it may need to be set up via the display in control panel.
also did you set TV to AV

woodchip 23:18 04 Apr 03

Graphics card does not play a part in TV card’s signal. Not new ones, as it send signal strait to CPU. you need a better ariel or a booster

lynnie 23:23 04 Apr 03

Got it now thanks got a booster and yes can get a brilliant picture on pc

thanks guys

lynn
x

MAJ 23:24 04 Apr 03

Or feed it through the video recorder, sometimes that gives a better signal. I have mine: Aeriel to Digibox to video to TV, then split to PC. Bit of a workaround but I get a great picture and excellent capture.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…