TV on PC

gengiscant 18:26 21 Dec 10

Right got myself Hauppauge TV card and if I have my main aerial it woks great and I pick up all the channels that the bedroom TV gets.
Unfortunately this aerial is already a split from the main TV in the living room.

I have discovered that to split it yet again means that I cannot pick up the channels on both the TV and the PC.Its either one or the other.

I do have an indoor aerial which works great at the back of the house on the TV in the bedroom there, but the same type of aerial does not work in the front of the house.

My question is; Anyone know of a simple solution, I expect, when the region finally goes digital in June next year I might not have this problem.

I am looking for a aerial that I can use at the moment or any other solution anyone can suggest.

wee eddie 19:56 21 Dec 10

which card did you get and what OS are you using.

I'm thinking of going down the same route

BRYNIT 20:20 21 Dec 10

I think you may need a signal amplifier something like click here Aerial goes to amplifier and then out to each TV.

gengiscant 08:43 22 Dec 10

wee eddie
I am using a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1100 with Windows 7 64bit. I do not use the WinTV television,I found that Windows media center gives a better service,(unusual for Microsoft), it also comes with a remote control which at the moment is taking a bit of time getting to know.

BRYNIT
Thanks will look into your suggestion.

robin_x 22:04 22 Dec 10
  ashdav 01:51 23 Dec 10

Try TVcatchup
click here
If you use Firefox and Adblock Plus then you won't have to wait for the promo ads to finish before the channel feed starts.

john bunyan 10:18 23 Dec 10

I bought and installed a second loft aerial

gengiscant 12:18 23 Dec 10

I stay in a first floor flat, so your suggestion is not open to me. Thanks anyway.

AL47 18:47 23 Dec 10

in my house we have a booster box, without it i wouldnt get a siganl at all, just too weak by the time it gets here, it works better than i imagined,

aerial --> booster box --> pci-e x1 dvb-T dual tuner card --> windows media centre

can then watch/record to my 1.5TB hard disks so unlimited freeview recording

when free view hd comes out ill be using that

bottom line, booster boxes really work if they are good

gengiscant 08:23 31 Dec 10

I eventually bought this aerial click here and an absolute cracker. I have this one plugged into the bedroom TV and get more channels that the split outdoor aerial previously connected to the free-view box, which is now plugged in to the Hauppauge TV card on the PC.

Might get a booster for that though.

Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…