tv out works - but no video

hi all,after a recen format ive found that my tv out works when displaying pages etc, but when i try to output a movie file through any player, i see the player but no picture,using xp home with g-force fx

JonnyTub 13:08 08 Oct 04

macrovision will not allow video to be played out from a tv-out port. there are ways around this but it is illegal to do so.

sorry for the delay tubs,????????it worked before the format,evrything is on the tv screen-just no actual video

JonnyTub 21:39 18 Oct 04

yeah you'll be able to see your windows, files and folders, etc. But macrovision kicks in when it detects video being played out through the tv-out port.

so how comes it worked before,think ill try chasing up h.p, could it be an updated driver in nvidia?

JonnyTub 21:59 18 Oct 04

I don't know how it worked before in all honesty.

Don't bother with Hp, look around the nvidia site and forums.

cheers jonny, ill try

Robotic_Rob 22:23 18 Oct 04

Why can i play my movies from ma pc and watch it on ma tv using the tv-out port? If your theory is right. The only thing i can think of is my anti-virus stuff turning things off so a virus cant exploit it n bugger ma system. That is if your theory is correct.

I have xp pro,g force 4 4200 gold plated and i use power dvd 5.

ive got mine going
dont know how, why, where or wot

JonnyTub 22:48 18 Oct 04

The simple fact is "most" graphics cards come with macrovision built into their chipsets which is designed to stop you from using your tv-out port for public display of anything that has macrovision protection. It's not a theory, it's a fact, The reason some cards work and some don't is probably down to driver versions. For a more detailed discussion on this click here

revision... hey folks.narrowed it down a bit...only works with win-amp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…