TV out signal is black & white

leooleo 16:00 09 Sep 04

I've just bought a new graphics card
xfx geforce mx 4000 128MB DDR TV
with a TV output as I wanted to use it for video editing, but no matter what I do, I can only get a black and white picture on my telly, while the monitor is fine. Let me add that my TV is fine, normal channel are in color.
Anybody knows what the problem might be?
Tried to play with all the NVIDIA settings I could find, but no joy..

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:38 09 Sep 04

Usual reason is graphic card output set to NTSC (american) needs to be reset to PAL (UK /europe)

leooleo 18:15 09 Sep 04

Well, I tried that, and it is on PAL. I wanted to try and change settings for RGB, Composite, S-video and that kind of stuff, but how do I do it?

ICF 18:56 09 Sep 04

What is your output signal to the telly? Is it composite video or super Video?

Dorsai 19:02 09 Sep 04

May not apply, but not unheard of for windows to 'get stuck' so to speak when reporting settings. especially those in 3rd party software. (IE it says A but does B)

I would try changing the setting to NTSC, reboot the PC, and then change it back to PAL.

It's like the recycly bin bug, where the bin shows on the desktop as having something in it, but is empty.

Anyway, it won't hurt to try.

leooleo 19:11 09 Sep 04

I dont know what the signal to the telly is. I thought I could change it in display advanced properties, but it is not there. I'll try the NTSC/PAL thing...

hold on..

leooleo 19:22 09 Sep 04

nope, no luck. What I can say is that pc output is Svideo, so is telly input. not using a scart plug. My brains are fuming.........

SEASHANTY 19:25 09 Sep 04

PC to TV using Nvidia graphics cards
click here
The usual reason for a B & W picture on the TV is that you are outputting a S-video signal from the PC to TV. You have to set your TV to receive S-video and to do this your TV must have this facility. Look in your TV manual and find out how to set it to S-video.

leooleo 19:31 09 Sep 04

why didn't I think of it...

thanks a lot to all of you...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…