TV-Out Problem

TheFugitive276 11:18 31 May 04

I have a PCI Chaintech g-force 4 MX440-8X 64mb graphics card. Since reinstalling Windows the TV-out image is monochrome only. Previously it was colour. A common problem. I have read many forums on the subject. My TV is being detected. Have tried using newer & older drivers, disconnecting monitor, different leads & my TV region is correctly set to I/PAL (England).

Grateful for any advice folks.

Christopher

Athlon 1.2ghz
1024 mb Ram
Windows XP Pro (all up-dates)

SEASHANTY 12:23 31 May 04

B&W usually occurs when you are using a SVHS outlet
socket from the TV out card to a SVHS TV input
socket when the TV system is not set to receive SVHS. Usually TV menu has to be adjusted to receive
SVHS as this uses more lines than ordinary VHS.

TheFugitive276 12:48 31 May 04

Thanks for this suggestion. Unfortunately, my TV does not accept S-VHS directly. I connect the S-VHS lead into my Super VHS VCR and a Scart lead between the VCR & my TV. This arrangement did work OK prior to the Windows reinstall. Thanks anyway.

-Beb- 12:48 31 May 04

I think you mean S video (not svhs). Check that its not set to NTSC as well, although seashanty is probably right about the s video connection

TheFugitive276 13:01 31 May 04

Yes, u are quite right Beb, we do mean S-Video! I am aleady set to I/PAL though & still in b/w (a reminder of the sixties). If you have the same set-up please would you tell me which NVIDIA driver version you use?

Mikè 13:23 31 May 04

Will the vcr record the pc's output in colour?

tenplus1 13:23 31 May 04

I had the same problem recently and it turned out to be the scart adaptor... I changed that and re-connected the l&r audio and video cables and the colour image re-appeared...

TheFugitive276 13:33 31 May 04

Mike- No,the VCR records in monochrome from the PC

Tenplus - I have tried a different lead between the VCR & TV & also plugging it into the other SCART socket of the TV

Mikè 13:36 31 May 04

Ok just trying to eliminate simple things...

Will a recording made in S-VHS format playback in colour?

TheFugitive276 13:41 31 May 04

No, b/w. Also, I am connecting my PC to the front S-Video & phono sockets on my VCR not via a SCART adaptor.

Mikè 13:52 31 May 04

So if an S-VHS recording will not play-back in colour, there is no way the pc will until this is resolved.

Does your tv have any mention of S-Video/Vhs either in menus or printed near scart sockets?

Is it a well known make?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…