TV out no video

Fullywired 17:31 18 Jul 04

hi guys
today i got my TV out working on my Gainward Geforce Ti4200, althpugh i am a little confused! when i play a music file in windows media player it shows the grapics on both my minitor and TV, however, when i play an video file it plays perfectly on my monitor whilst the video will not show on my TV, what am i doing wrong? my TV is connected by composite cable to the s-video socket on my graphics card and everything else on the screen shows exept for the video that is playing on the monitor!
also on a more simple note, my card has a DVI socket, i know that this stands for Digital Video-In but what is it used for? what can it be connected to?
any help appreciated
Regards FW

Diodorus Siculus 17:43 18 Jul 04

1 - some graphics card drivers from Nvidia have blocked output to a tv to prevent someone playing a DVD from the PC and copying to video (recording). Someone here may know the earlier versions of the nvidia drivers which will allow you to use TV out for video / DVDs.

2 - it is for connecting a TFT monitor (DVI type) which uses a digital rather than analogue signal.

TomJerry 17:52 18 Jul 04

Diodorus Siculus's explaination only applicable to DVD video.

Maybe just different format of video. Can you check your video file format make sure it is PAL, not NTSC? When you play video file, click properties in Media Player, it will be shown there.

Fullywired 19:09 18 Jul 04

isnt it a bit sily to block out video? i thought that was part of the whole point of TV out? and how come it only blocks out windows media player video? i played a DVD title from my hard drive using power DVD and i had no problem! i dont really see the point in me using TV out anyway because my TV and PC are in the same room and both screens are the same size so thanks alot for the help!
regards
FW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…