"tv out" on my laptop..what does it do??

bigboab y 15:29 14 Dec 05

Just noticed my laptop has a socket apparently called "tv out"... what's it for and what can I do with it?? Cheers out there

woodchip 15:36 14 Dec 05

If you was using a Presentations you could show on bigger screen, plus if Laptop is up to it you can play games on bigger screen from Laptop

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 14 Dec 05

Connect laptop to TV to show DVDs, pictures, power point presentations and run all sorts of software on a scrren big enough for several people to see.

Usually a S-Video output so you need to connect the sound output as well.

click here this plugs into scart socket on TV

Have a readclick here

bigboab y 16:16 14 Dec 05

SOOO.. I can get a lead with an s-video plug at one end and plug it into the tv either via the tv's s-video socket (if it has one) or via an s-video to scart lead ..what about sound??

djbenny 16:38 14 Dec 05

you can get cables with sound going into the scart as well and it splits into two one for the audio maybe via headphone jack or speaker

Stuartli 16:47 14 Dec 05

It sounds as though you require an S-Video plug plus two audio jack plugs (red and white) to Scart lead.

Some TVs do have an S-video output and I have had Toshiba 21in Nicam sets, the first being bought in 1990, that had/have S-video Scart inputs as well as the standard AV socket.

A good independent electrical retailer or quality discount outlet should have such a lead for around a fiver.

bigboab y 16:57 14 Dec 05

Found this gadget on Ebay click here ..(plus a standard male scart lead )

If I get one of these plus an s-video to s-video male lead .. plus a 3.5mm to 2X phone plugs lead which would plug into my speaker out on my lappy, would that do the business??

djbenny 17:17 14 Dec 05

i thought this would have been better as it is all included might be a bit long though click here

bigboab y 17:24 14 Dec 05

That is the very fellow I need..didnt know they existed..muchos gracias guys and gals and thanks a lot as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…