TV out Disables DVD Playback

wossie 23:17 12 Jun 03

I changed my DVD and CDR/RW to ASUS today and it says "Copy Protected Disc (DVD)cannot Be Played When TV Out Is Enabled". The Card is GeForce Ti4400 Deluxe, Win ME, Power DVD 4, all that's connected to the card is a monitor. This was after repairing WNASAPI32.dll which only left me with virtual drives Any Ideas

jazzypop 23:25 12 Jun 03

The later versions of the Nvidia drivers do this - it is to do with a licensing deal with Macrovision, I think.

My version is listed as, dated 27/09/2002. See click here for older nvidia drivers.

Find the 40.72 drivers and try them - they work just fine with my Ti500.

wossie 10:07 13 Jun 03

Hi jazzypop that rings a bell, as I updated the drivers to 44.X during the week from 41.09 but when I changed the two CD drives, nero wouldn't work due to missing WNASPI, and also the DVD wouldn't work. I replaced the WNASPI file which sorted out Nero, but the DVD prob. remained. But I don't have the TV out port enabled, and can't see where to enable/disable. I'll revert the drivers to 41.09 and see how I get on. Thanks again, Wossie.

wossie 10:23 13 Jun 03

Thanks jazzypop, that sorted it out with the 41.09 Nvidia drivers. That is the worst about updating a load of drivers etc. at the same time as you don't know which one is to blame. Thanks, Wossie.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…