medicine hat 13:36 05 Jul 04

I was walking around Currys yesterday and noticed that new TVs seem to come with d-sub/dvi cable connections. I haven't connected a computer to a TV since I last used my old Atari STE and it kinda got me thinking.

There is a TV-out (s-video) on my graphics card but what would the image quality be like? Is it feasible to type an email on an ordinary CRT TV? My 28" widescreen doesn't have an s-video connector so is there a cable that will take that output, combine it with the soundcard output and go to a scart connector?

Just wondering if anyone has done this and what they thought of the results. Thanks.

SEASHANTY 14:53 05 Jul 04

Reading text on a TV screen is not all that good due
to the lower resolution of a TV compared to a PC
monitor. However you might get reasonable results
watching a DVD movie. You need a S-video + stereo
jack to scart plug. Or with a twin phono to stereo
jack adaptor. Plenty of combinations. Check out
some of the cables and adaptors on this website
click here

SEASHANTY 15:01 05 Jul 04

Somebody who connects TV out on PC to TV set using
the above type of setup on this previous thread
click here
I do not now use this method - its far easier watching DVD films on a domestic player connected direct to the TV. It was too much hassle the other way having cables from the PC to the TV. I have quite enough cables connected to the main TV as it is.

sedgi 15:05 05 Jul 04

As Seashanty says, no good for text. I`ve connected my radeon to my 28" widescreen using a scart to Av1 to watch DVD and the picture is fine you have to play around with the settings a bit and make sure that the primary output is set to the Tv, I also play games on the Tv much better than using a pokey monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…