TV or Monitor?

Scania19 21:59 22 Jun 07

I only have a small room and want to combine the TV with the monitor what would I need to be able to use a single monitor to use as a monitor and to watch TV programmes not necessarily at the same time?

woodchip 22:13 22 Jun 07

Your best way Is to get a Good 20ins LCD Monitor and a Freeview card for the PC. You can with the Right Card and Software record Films etc to the Hard Drive and Time Shift them

johnnyrocker 23:16 22 Jun 07

or if funds are a problem basic tv with scart and use tv out on graphics card (works better through vcr) and sound from audio out.

johnny.

woodchip 23:22 22 Jun 07

IF you want to use a TV it needs to be a HDMI TV and you need to hava DVI output on your Graphics card. I Have a 32" LCD TV connected to a XP desktop. You have to choose HDMI on the TV before you switch on the Computer. You will not be able to read any text if you do not have the right equipment. you have been warned

johnnyrocker 23:31 22 Jun 07

sorry woodchip i use a very old samsung 16" tv (at least 12 years) via my vcr with no impairment whatsoever so i fail to see your logic.

jjohnny.

Stuartli 23:41 22 Jun 07

I recently bought a new LCD TV which has a VGA (i.e. PC compatible) socket, but I've never used it nor do I intend to use the feature.

I would have to bring a complete computer system in from another room to do so and, frankly, it's not worth the effort; even more so as I have a Freeview TV card in my system, plus the original CRT set and set top box sitting in the opposite corner.

However, my youngest offspring does use a 32in LCD set to display computer output if and when required, but it's done using his fully wireless equipped property.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…