TV FM cards

techhelp 12:43 08 Aug 03

I have just ordered a 2.8Ghz pc and need to get a few add ons. There seems to be too much information available to make a decision, can anyone help?

TV cards - Hauppauge Win TV PCI FM or Pinnacle PCTV PCI or PRO. Are these cards about the same and therefore price is the key here?

Internet Security - Norton and McAfee both have internet security products. Does anyone know how these products compare?

All-in-one printers. Hp seems to be the way to go but there are 3 Officejets on differing prices. HP Officejet 6110, HP PCS2210 and PCS2110. I have a media card reader on the PC, apart from the higher print speeds for the 6110 above the 2210 and 2110. How do they compare for value for money / running costs?

I am looking for a good value 17" or 19" TFT DVI screen but prices start in excess of £400.00. Should I wait for prices to go down or is second hand or an auction site a better option.

Kitz E Kat 12:51 08 Aug 03

If your goin to run XP forget about the Pinnacle TV card, i have one, in the bottom drawer, where it will live forever. Junk....

Kitz E

Jester2K II 12:57 08 Aug 03

Internet Security - Norton and McAfee both have internet security products. Does anyone know how these products compare?

Nope. But loads of people here use AVG 6 click here for AntiVirus - Free for personal use. And i use Sygate Personal Edition (free again) as a firewall click here

All the iNternet security you need without a) paying or b) using big bloaty programs...

John-259217 15:31 08 Aug 03

click here for a thread of mine (and a link to someone elses) about TV cards and there problems!

Jester2K II 14:04 09 Aug 03

By e-mail
Thanks for the information on the two internet products, presumably though free I would still be able to get some support ad upgrades to maintain a protective screen?

AVG 6 - no support but free upgardes

Sygate - not sure

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…