TV / firewall conflict

AndD 13:57 22 Sep 03

I've a WinTV Novat USB device which seems to conflict with a Zone Alarm firewall, if I run the 2 together I can't get TV pictures, without I can.
can I resolve this?

Plus the TV picture occasionally locks, is this the reception (external aerial) or can I do anything to stop?

Thanks.

Patr100 16:20 22 Sep 03

Have you tried the Hauppauge website for info or help?

Chegs ® 16:27 22 Sep 03

I have a Pinnacle RAVE TV card,since I bought it a few weeks ago,I have had nothing but troubles.The cards drivers were unstable with DX9,they also weren't XP compatable,requiring an update.Then I had no sound until I installed a separate soundcard(onboard AC97)and used the updated driver.ZA stopped being reinstalled after about the tenth reinstall of full OS+apps as each time my puter crashed reboots were unlikely to succeed without various error messages(config.sys missing,corrupted/hal.dll missing/agp1.sys missing,etc)appearing,and Recovery/Repair wouldn't work.So it goes on,I have finally managed to get XP+most of my usual apps installed,and the TV card+software working(although the Soundcard caused a BSOD last nite)to last for a couple of days.I hope when I reinstall ZA,it doesn't cause me further probs.I need a firewall as I have adsl,and presently I have ZA Pro 4 or Symantecs free firewall so if ZA might crash this install,looks like I will be using the free one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…