TV on Computer - no sound?!

phil2816 23:09 27 Dec 05

hey i really hope someone can help. I have a program called InterVideo WinDVR. The picture works fine but there is no sound there is just a "fuzz" sound (as if there was no picture?!). would sumone please help and maybe explain it basically because im bit slow with computers!! thanks a lot!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:43 27 Dec 05

If you have a TV card, quite often there is a cable with a 3.5 jack plug at each end, to connect the TV card out to sound card line in.

phil2816 11:44 28 Dec 05

i got a 3.5 jack to jack this morning. but i dont know where to plug it in?I no it goes from the 'line-in' to the sound card but we dont have a visible sound card. Any thoughts?thanks!

rsinbad 11:51 28 Dec 05
  woodchip 11:55 28 Dec 05
  phil2816 12:03 28 Dec 05

thanks..but how do i upgrade my driver? Realtek AC97 is my audio card if that helps?One of the tips is

d) If you can hear sound in other applications, upgrade the drivers for your sound card or onboard audio device. Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's web site for your sound card or mainboard, as appropriate.

Any links?thanks

phil2816 12:10 28 Dec 05

how do i find out what driver i need? cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…