tv computer media set up help

amarok88 13:43 18 Aug 14

Hi guys, I am looking for some help and suggestions on the best way to set up my computer and tv etc. i am a little outdated with technology so please keep it fairly straight forward for me.

what i basically want is to be able to store my dvds onto a hardrive and connect this to my tv so i can watch them anytime without having to get them out of the box. I also want to be able to watch itunes through my tv etc for films i have on there.

• I have a PC a wireless modem and a standard LCD tv so I appreciate I need some more kit. i also have around 300-400 dvd's and blu rays.

what kit do i need?

I want to get a freeview recorder so i can record shows / pause tv etc.

am i then better getting a modem with built in storage, or keep my current modem and get a hardrive?

also wouldnt mind setting up apple tv / net flix or something that enables me to rent besides itunes.

basically want a full up to date set up but not sure where to start.

preferably without have to buy a smart tv as would prefer to do it through cables if possible as dont have £1000 to blow on a new tv

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:23 18 Aug 14

MAke and model of LCD TV?

if it will play files from a USB port you can convert the DVDs to the approriate file type the TV will play and store them on aan external drive that will plug into the USB port of your TV.

My Samsung is too old to play from USB approx 7yrs.

I have a Humax recorder plugged in that networks via home plugs to my PC upstairs and will play all the media off my PC onto the TV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5