TV card/tuner help...no sound!

phil2816 17:58 22 Aug 06

Hey! would someone pleeease help. I have a Tv card and its linked to our tv but there is no sound...the program I am uning is InterVideo WinDVR. The picture is fine..just need sound now!We have tried quite a range of things to solve problem but im sure you can think of some! thanks a lot PHIL

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:05 22 Aug 06

Alot of these cards need a cable to link from the TV card to the sound card click here

phil2816 18:26 22 Aug 06

Is that just a 3 and 1/2 inch jack to jack?cus i have 1 of them..if so where do i link from and too? thanks!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:10 22 Aug 06

Yes it is

link from audio out of TV card to line in of sound card.

Stuartli 19:24 22 Aug 06

I think you might mean a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jackplugs lead.

I have a Twinhan Freeview PCI card which doesn't need any cables or leads connected to either onboard or sound card - it works through the system.

In the Device Manager (My Computer>Properties>Hardware tab>Device Manager) highlight your drive or drives in turn>right click>Properties>Properties tab and Enable Digital playback.

You can also Enable this feature for Windows Media Player from Tools?Options>Devices>highlight your drive or drives and Enable digital playback.

phil2816 19:46 22 Aug 06

Thanks Stuartli

You sound like you know your stuff, however as im a bit slow can you explain the part where you said 'highlight your drive or drives in turn'.. I click on properties for my tv tuner but there is no option of enabling digital playback. (if it helps to anyone I have an ASUS TV7134 WDM TVTuner) Thanks for your time phil

phil2816 20:13 22 Aug 06

O yer on the back of tv card it has 3 phono - 'R', 'L' and 'comp in', a strange lookin plugy thing saying 'S-video', and finally one where our ariel goes, saying 'RF - in' where do i plug jack in?

phil2816 20:38 22 Aug 06

I think i need a '3.5mm Stereo Plug to 2 x Phono cable' is this correct with the above ports in my tv card?Sorry im writing so much!

Stuartli 20:39 22 Aug 06

Comp In will be for a Composite signal from another device such as a games console using an RCA phone plug and the L and R for the left and right audio plugs.

S-Video is for a video imput using an S-Video lead from the other device to your card.

You highlight a drive by clicking on it to "highlight" it (in blue) and thenr right clicking.

phil2816 20:42 22 Aug 06

Thanks...im with you now! I have put them all to digital..do you think i should purchase a '3.5mm Stereo Plug to 2 x Phono cable' now?Thanks

Stuartli 21:40 22 Aug 06

Why?

Any lead that the card is capable of accepting should have been supplied with the card.

This is usually an RCA video phono plug (yellow) lead with attached red and black audio plugs leads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…