TV Cards......which is the best ?

Howard. 12:44 15 Mar 03

Hello to all,

As above can anyone point me in the right direction as to what is possibly the best card to go for, I am into radio also (fm), so that is also a priority along with the TV cababilities.

Just what stations do these cards pick-up ? I may pay a little extra if the card can do a few extra things (extra channels etc,) I am about to install XP so the card must be compatible with that,

Have a nice weekend everyone,

Ellie3009 16:41 15 Mar 03

I can't tell you which is the best, but I can tell you what I have!

Its a Hauppauge Win-TV primio FM.
I bought it about 6 weeks ago, and it's been fine so far, and does everything I need.
It has a choice of 2 programmes for TV viewing, plus video or stills capture, teletext and FM radio, and comes with a remote and the FM aerial.

The software was prone to crashing at first but I downloaded a driver update from the Hauppauge web-site because it turned out that it wasn't compatible with my motherboard chipset, (which I probably should have checked before buying, oops!) and I haven't had a single crash or freeze since then!

My housemate also has a TV card, a Leadtek, which seems to be perfectly capable, although it doesn't have a teletext function.

As for channels you can pick up, if you only have terrestrial it will be the same as the other TV's in your house (BBC 1+2, ITV, C4, 5.) I believe it's possible to view cable TV through a TV card, but I couldn't tell you how.
If you buy a digital TV card you can watch digital freeview channels click here
but it does depends on the area you live in and whether your aerial can recieve digital signals.

But think about this one: If you have the space for it, Asda and Tescos often have 14" tv's for around £75!

000000000 20:26 22 Mar 03

I bought a LifeView flyvideo series card but although the picture is good I have never been able to record on it or to receive sound. Support is not very good. I bought it just to explore what is possible on my computer and was encouraged by a review in PCAdvisor. But I wish I had saved my money now.
Jupiter

graham 21:05 22 Mar 03

Take it back, 'not compatible' is the reason.

graham 21:09 22 Mar 03

Forget it, buy a TV!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…