TV Cards

Ade_1 13:40 12 Feb 06

Hi, i was after a little bit of info and questions answering on TV Cards.

Do you if i would need a TV lisence, or is it ok as i already have a TV lisence.

Do i need to attach some sort of aerial to the TV Card or computer?

Do they need alot of power supplied to htem or not really?

Anything else i should know abuot TV Cards would be great if you could tell me thanks!

Ikelos 13:55 12 Feb 06

if it is in your house..no

yes

no.

Ade_1 14:04 12 Feb 06

Thanks for the answers Ikelos :), So the aerial would need connecting to the TV? If it has to be connected to the computer where abouts on the computer just to make sure it is possible?

Anothre question i forgot to ask - Which type is the better and easiest? External or Internal, im assuming the External is easier as you dont have to fit but im not sure about the externals...

Ade_1 14:36 12 Feb 06

I just looked on ebuyer and found this - click here

I looked on the Product Brochure and saw there were loads of channels from all over Europe. Is it possible for me to recieve them or not? Or do i need a big dish or something to be able to do this? Or is it possible?

rsinbad 14:37 12 Feb 06

Its easier to fit an external usb tv
click here
the aerial connection would go into the unit.

If you buy a tv card then the aerial would plug into the rear of the card.

using an external usb is easier to fit if you have a spare usb port.The pci tv card is still easy to fit with less wires around.

There are many options to choose from click here has analogue and digital, depends what you want.

regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:40 12 Feb 06

You will only beable to recieve the Freeview channals from an aerial in this country.

An external (roof top) aerial is better for signal strength.

Ade_1 14:41 12 Feb 06

so no chance of getting channels from other countries?

Ade_1 14:46 12 Feb 06

If it allows TV recording do i need software or can i record it using the TV card (external or internal) and play it back using WMP if i wasnt looking to edit it?

Ade_1 15:07 12 Feb 06

I have found this click here and from reviews in another magazine you can do some great stuff with it. Is it freeview and terrestrial yes?

Ray5776 15:24 12 Feb 06

Ade_1,
I have a freecom stick, excellent bit of kit, great picture & loads of channels inc radio. Use rooftop aerial though.

Ade_1 15:27 12 Feb 06

my rooftop aerial is actually in the loft... Where aboutso n the Freecom stick woudl i connect it? or woudl it to be hte comptuer? Are there any tutorials or easy steps on hwo to do this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…