TV card software problems

Devious Dave 17:01 23 Apr 03

I recently purchased a Hauppauge PVR 250 TV card (PCI). I bought it with the intention of converting my VHS tapes onto VCD or DVD (when I get a DVD RW). The software that came with the card called Ulead DVD MovieFactory SE will nt work with the card, when I start the program it says "Failed to initialise the capture driver. Another program may be using it or the file has been removed". Anybody know what this means and how to fix it. I am running window XP Home 1.8Gig 512 MB of RAM.

Also does any know of sotware (video capture) that works well with the this card.

Thanks, David.

Cooter 17:13 23 Apr 03

i had a similar prob with my hauppage tv card,it wouldnt install itself automatically becos i also i had a webcam which apparently used the same driver to show its images. so the problem was solved by installing the card manually and then it all worked fine,you may need to install your dvd software manually as well. hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…