TV card with Sky Digital

Noelg23 13:51 04 Oct 04

I want to get a TV card...but what I want to know is can I connect a Sky Digital Box to it? My missus has a Sky box in the front room but due to difference of programs I have a Sky box from my last flat and would like to set up Sky multiroom...I have heard its free installation and you pay an extra £10-£15 a can anyone tell me if its possible to do this with TV card for the PC? I have an idea of which TV card to get but want to know if its ideal enough to do this. thanks.

Noelg23 14:27 04 Oct 04

show cheers much did that set you back? think I will invest in one...and tell the missus she can keep watching her medical and baby programs while I go for Football, Films and Cartoons...yeah baby!!

Noelg23 14:30 04 Oct 04

and whats the setup like? do you need a TV aerial or can you connect the cable direct from PC to Sky box?

Graham ® 14:41 04 Oct 04

PC to Sky box.

Noelg23 14:51 04 Oct 04

it is still available I have checked the site..

Noelg23 14:55 04 Oct 04

well looks good and I can deal with that so I will go for it and get where did the number for Sky go?

Noelg23 15:01 04 Oct 04

is it just the WinTV Theater or can you use any of them cos the the Theatre one looks quite pricey...

Stuartli 15:10 04 Oct 04

Hauppauge also does terrestial and satellite digial TV cards which may offer other features compared to the Theater version.

click here

Good source for Hauppage cards:

click here

Noelg23 15:19 04 Oct 04

Stuartli I have a Sky box and just want a TV I can watch my programs whilst the missus watches hers...well I will be doing some extensive research and hopefully get one asap. thanks guys.

Stuartli 16:26 04 Oct 04

I may be wrong but I would think that a basic TV card (stereo) would be enough - as most digital terrestial and satellite transmissions are viewed on analogue TVs, the digital signal has to be converted back to analogue by the receiver box in order to be able to view programmes.

Stuartli 16:43 04 Oct 04

I appreciated your intention from the start - I was thinking of extra features such as PVR...:-)

click here

But it can get complicated in certain instances..:-)

See: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…