TV Card recommendation

VNAM75 23:23 03 Apr 05

Could anyone advise me on a good TV card for about £70-£100. I'm currently looking at the AVerTV DVB-T 771 which does what I want but it only got an average review from PC Pro. I'm also considering Hauppage but some don't have the VCR connection that I need. I need a card to have the following:

1) VCR connection - ie. I want to transfer videos onto DVD.
2) Digital and terestial TV reception

Any advice appreciated.

stalion 23:28 03 Apr 05

have a look at the Hauppage site they do cards with svideo in and svideo in and out PC worlf also stocks them
click here

stalion 23:29 03 Apr 05

PC worlf is PC world must get my glasses fixed

josie mayhem 23:41 03 Apr 05

If you choose a card that doesn't have a scart, you can buy a scart to rca/s-video adapter, the one I got only cost £10 (without the cables, which I already had)

DieSse 00:44 04 Apr 05

I may be wrong, but I havent seen a card with both terrestrial and satellite inputs. I think you will need to get one of each. By digital do you really mean satellite, or terrestrial digital (aka freeview)?

Dekka123 00:46 04 Apr 05

I have a Hauppage Win TV which I have used for years withot any probs. I have it connected to vcr and a cable box via scart and it records anything I want to hard disk or dvd

Dekka123 00:46 04 Apr 05

I have a Hauppage Win TV which I have used for years withot any probs. I have it connected to vcr and a cable box via scart and it records anything I want to hard disk or dvd

VNAM75 01:28 04 Apr 05

Thanks, Diesse - yes I meant freeview, not satellite.

DieSse 02:42 04 Apr 05

Freeview card click here

DieSse 03:02 04 Apr 05

I was wrong - here's both in one
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…