TV card problem

Staddly 23:50 04 Sep 04

I have recently installed (and re-installed, and reinsta...) a TV card - V-stream Xpert TV-PVR878. When I start the program, I get the following messag 'cannot preview, maybe some program use same interface or something wrong...' I click on OK and get the following 'cannot init direct show interface' I click OK and program closes. I can't find anything in the manuals, I've tried closing all other backgroud programs but cannot seem to make it work. Any ideas anyone??
(W2k machine)
Staddly

red dragon 09:42 05 Sep 04

Hi

It sounds as if the problem may be with your video card/driver.

Have you got the latest installed?

You may want to reinstall driectX too.

Hope this helps

Red Dragon

Staddly 19:40 05 Sep 04

Thanks,
latest drivers installed and up to date with directX! I was reading an old thread that suggested having to turn of the graphics card for the TV card to run!. Sounds a bit extreme, surely there must be another way.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:36 05 Sep 04

click here maybe this site can help

Staddly 22:46 07 Sep 04

Thanks fo rthe link Fruit Bat. Theres obviously always someone out there worse off!! For info. I have removed the card and taken it back to the shop (the benifits of supporting your local small retailer, but that's a seperate subject) who are more than happy to run some tests and help me out. Thanks for the input though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017