TV card driving me mental!

Pooke 10:49 20 Jul 05

XP sp2, I have a compro pvr/fm card installed and it keeps openning on it's own, then windows pops up and says compro is not responding do I wish to send an error report.

Apart from ripping the nuisance thing out how can I stop it doing this?

Argh.....

woodchip 11:07 20 Jul 05

This is what you should do, I have had this problem in the past with Epson Perfection FB/Scanner. In MSCONFIG, I think you now how to get there! look for the program that starts your TV card, write it down, then remove the tick from the box so it does not start at boot. Now go into Windows Explorer and in the Program's Folder look for what you put on paper it most likely will be a .EXE file right click and drag to quick start bar and make a shortcut, you can then just click it when you want to run the TV

woodchip 11:08 20 Jul 05

PS the other way to find the file is just do a search

Pooke 21:12 20 Jul 05

Thanks woodchip, unticked it from msconfig. When I can be bothered I'll be removing the card from inside the tower and uninstalling the software.

Pooke

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…