T.V Card Aerial

Patztheking 17:10 27 Jun 05

i bought a computer with a new t.v card installed and i bought an aerial to go with it buy its the wrong socket my aerial is like the one for a t.v, i was just wondering if theres any sortof adaptor you can buy that converts the port to the right one? or if not what other solutions are there

Gongoozler 17:16 27 Jun 05

What kind of socket does the card have?

Patztheking 17:17 27 Jun 05

i dont know what the official name is, my broadband cable fits into it tho, the t.v aerial has the same socket as a normal t.v

Graham ® 17:23 27 Jun 05

Details of the TV card, please.

Patztheking 17:25 27 Jun 05

i dont know the details but its the visionDTV Mini Ter

Gongoozler 17:32 27 Jun 05

This doesn't sound to me like a tv aerial connector! Do you know the make and model of the TV tuner card?

Gongoozler 17:35 27 Jun 05

Like this one? click here

Gongoozler 17:44 27 Jun 05

Looking at the picture of the card, I suspect that it has an F connector of the type used on satellite receivers. You are unlikely to get an adapter, but you can make up, or get made, a short adapter cable. Alternatively you can remove the connector from your aerial lead and fit a new connector directly to that. If you can take the tuner card to a TV retailer (not one of the big chains - they usually only sell pre-packed stuff), you can try the connectors available.

Patztheking 17:52 27 Jun 05

yeah that picture is my exact one, so what should i do then?

Gongoozler 17:52 27 Jun 05

Looking at the manufacturers site click here, the accessories required vary according to the sales area. In other words the TV connector will probably be that normal for the country in which your card was intended to be sold. This would make it almost impossible to identify without seeing the card - or a picture of it.

ulrich 17:56 27 Jun 05

Why not ask the firm where you got the PC from?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…