Tv Card

Robotic_Rob 21:52 18 Feb 04

Hey, Im thinking of getting a Tv Card for my pc. Would i be able to record the television programs on to my computer? If so how much hdd would it take up per hour?

Help! :D 22:15 18 Feb 04

Hi, I am currently thinking of doing the same thing. Depending on the quality you can get up to 6hr's on 4.7gb. I am alos intrested in doing the same thing. please could you tell me where i can buy such a device and how much. Also do you know if i connect a old Hi 8 cam to my computer. This is not a DV camera.

Robotic_Rob 22:24 18 Feb 04

Cool so about 785mb per hour. Not bad. Well i was thinkin of puttin my digi box(either sky dig or what was itv dig) on to the card, so the quality should be good.

You can Buy the card from

click here

for £23 ex vat.

How can you make links on this site ?

Sorry mate, i havnt a clue with that Hi 8 cam.

Help! :D 22:28 18 Feb 04

not sure about the links, but thanks, and good luck.

Robotic_Rob 23:21 22 Feb 04

Can digi be pluged in 2 a tv card and still work, if the output of the digi is through a rf cable(or i think its what its called) ??

whatchamacallit 00:19 23 Feb 04

TV Card

Try Aldi, they are selling them on thurs,

AcidBurn7uk 02:39 23 Feb 04

click here Try here - I am also think of doing the same thing! Robotic_Rob - you can claim you've 'Started a trend' lol

AcidBurn7uk 02:40 23 Feb 04

as for links just type the web address

danro 03:55 23 Feb 04

I'am in my 4th iteration of ati cards (starting with pci 8mb to 9600 128 aiw pro card), & have found recording in dvd mediam 352x480 USA format I get 24.5 hrs of recording on 66GB. I have used NEC & Optorite dvd rec & recorded to CD & DVD mediam using ati software, nero & roxio all with excelent results. My disks work on my computer & a cheap dvd player that cost about 39.00 US dollars. I sugest using 2 hard drives, one for recording, one for operating system. Put the writer on a seperate IDE connector than the hard drive is on. I now use my computer to replace my VCR.

Robotic_Rob 18:27 23 Feb 04

Can digital tv be plugged into the tv card? As id try my self but i dont like wasting money, just incase it blew a chip or something.

Audeal 19:38 23 Feb 04

I have Freeview and I record programs onto my pc.

I connect the digital box to a video recorder and connect the recorder to a Matrox Capture Card (or TV card if you don't have a capture card). It works perfectly.

The advantage with connecting to a video recorder first is that I can also record onto tape and have a backup should anything go wrong with the pc capture, like dropping frames, which is quite common.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…