TV Capture - MPEG2 problem

NOVICE ENABLED 23:02 11 Aug 05

I've just installed Jetway 878 TV card. Capturing in AVI format is fine, but MPEG2 seems to constantly drop frames, regardless of setting (fastest to highest quality). CPU usage is around 10-15% when capturing AVI, but rises to 40-44% when capturing MPEG2. The manual that came with the card is very vague and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to why the MPEG2 capture is so poor; it's fine when viewing live. Have I got it set wrong or is this the best my PC can do? AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (1.84Ghz, 480MB Ram). I disabled firewall, anti-virus and spyware doctor. I'm using XP home with SP2

Any help greatly appreciated.

woodchip 23:11 11 Aug 05

You need to make changes in Capture, Resolution lower, or may be a different format. Your Graphics or CPU etc is not fast enough to capture at the setting you have it set to.

NOVICE ENABLED 23:20 11 Aug 05

Thanks for responding.

Is this anything to do with YUY2, UYVY, RGB24? The only other video settings it has, apart from 'capture format, are 'capture size', 'bit rate' and 'frame rate'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…