TV capture and internet connection.

mackris 15:59 26 Mar 03

Can anyone out there please help a new oldie learner. Encouraged by an article in XP magazine I bought and installed a WINtv USB FM device to play tv and radio windows on my PC. Hauppauge supplies it. I needed to download XP drivers from website. Worked beautifully! - then disaster! No internet connection.
I have a high spec system with XP Home and a cable broadband connection with NTL world.
My IP address went missing- replaced with a prefix 169.(evidently a dirty word to technicians.) NTL help tried for hours to find problem- not ISP based. deleted and reloaded broadband drivers - zippo! Only conclusion was that it was an XP or computer problem. This happened once before with a Blink digital camera. System restore reconnects me fine but of course no camera and no Win tv. Help anyone? Please have pity on a disillusioned oldie. Both camera and Wintv drivers seemed to do something. Both were unsigned but supposed to be compatible with XP. Why would these drivers affect my IP address? Any help greatly appreciated.(keep it simple.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…