TV aerial cables dilemma

gipoid 22:28 06 Apr 08

This may sound like a really silly question so please be pleasant if it is!
I recently had a new aerial put in for the bedroom TV upstairs (I am a Virgin TV customer (cabled) downstairs).
I want to now put that Freeview signal to the other 3 bedrooms but I don't want a bunch of cables trapesing around the house. I have been advised I should use a 3 way splitter with each cable going to the different bedrooms.
My question is can I avoid this? Can I get a wireless box to pump the signal around the house and then have an adaptor connected to each of the bedrooms? If not can I boost the signal and daisy-chain from one bedroom to another? 3 thick co-axial cables all bunched together would look most unsightly.
Please help.
Jim

DieSse 22:37 06 Apr 08

You can use a wireless sender - an example here.

click here

and you will need extra receivers.

They are sold in most TV etc shops. Get a decent one - I know the Televes ones are good, but I'm sure others are too.

gipoid 22:48 06 Apr 08

Sounds interesting. Question though. Do you see what the other TV is viewing? I want the signal for Freeview (not the Virgin/Sky option) so the 4 TVs can be independent of each other and not a copy of the main signal. Have I read the following description found elsewhere on the Internet incorrectly?:-

"Wireless Remote Sender (Televes Digidom) (SA20) Televes Digidom wireless remote sender Transmit any Sky digibox (inc Sky plus), cable box, DVD etc to another room in your home"

Thanks
Jim

DieSse 23:12 06 Apr 08

Since a Freeview box only outputs one program at a time - you only ever get one program out of it, whether you use co-ax or a sender.

If you want them to be able to tune-in independently, you need a freeview box for each TV (or freeview TVs, with the freeview built-in). You would also have to run co-ax from the aerial to each TV, and you'd need a distribution amplifier to make sure you had enough signal.

woodchip 23:18 06 Apr 08

You could get a Video Sender but you have to watch what is on main TV

woodchip 23:18 06 Apr 08

Sorry too slow

Jim_F 23:26 06 Apr 08

I agree as AFAIK a wireless sender only works on one channel at a time.

I think you are asking for Freeview aerial access in a number of rooms - a mast-head amp (as close to the aerial as possible) is the best solution as any other amplifier just amplifies noise and interference.

This company has given me good advice in the past:
click here
The UXF4 looks like what you need:

With Virgin media's record I would buy a four way splitter to provide a feed to the ground floor as well and use Sat-quality aerial cables (which have solid screening for minimum interference).

I hope this helps,

JimF

gipoid 23:44 06 Apr 08

Jim, I'm even more confused......
Is there no way of sending the aerial signal wirelessly then? I still would need to connect to them via a cable for each of the TVs. As I stated before I don't want access to Virgin - just Freeview. I just don't want the hassle of cables. the item you suggested would still need the cables connected via that box. Are you suggesting to place the box out of the way, hidden? If so then the next problem is there is no where to hide the box.... My house has been converted from a 2 bedroom terraced to a 4 bedroom. I have no attic. There are the eaves of the house. Do you think that would be suitable? Then run each of the connections from there?
Jim

DieSse 23:47 06 Apr 08

I would endorse the link Jim_F provided. Though I think the Vision C12554 Mastamp 4-way looks even better.

The splitter is built-in to both products, so you won't need an extra one.

You'll also need to buy some F-connectors, and learn how to fit them.

DieSse 23:52 06 Apr 08

"Is there no way of sending the aerial signal wirelessly then?"

No, there isn't. If you think about it, it's already wireless when it is transmitted to you - it isn't actually changed when it comes down the aerial cable, nothing happens to it until it hits a tuner (in the Freeview box, or TV).

DieSse 23:54 06 Apr 08

.... and you're not allowed to rebroadcast TV signals, even if you wanted to buy the (expensive) equipment. ;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…