Turning word document 180 degs

Prism 14:08 04 Jul 07

I have a word document which is mainly in portrait format except for two pages which are in Landscape format.

When printed out the two pages which are in Landscape format are the wrong way around and need to be turned 180 degs.

Can anyone suggest a way of turning these two pages before they are printed.

jack 14:28 04 Jul 07

I guess you mean 90 degrees ?
Turning 180 will simply reverse them
If you cannot print them and adjust the print orientation- that is print land scape then manually turn the paper.

Then do a screen shot pf the pages[ PrtScr and Ctrl together]
Open an image editor.
Go to Edit and Paste as new image.
Go to Image and rotate 90 deg.

pj123 14:42 04 Jul 07

Or do you mean it prints as a Mirror Image?

If so, depending on what printer you have there should be a setting in your Printer Properties, Page Layout giving options for Mirror Image and Rotate 180 degrees. At least there is on my Epson R220. Both these options should be unticked.

Chris the Ancient 18:07 04 Jul 07

Go to your Start menu, click on Help and Support.

Enter "binder" (without the quotes) and at the bottom of the search list, click to look at knowledge base articles. There is loads of info there on how different documents and applications can be assembled into a meaningful 'book'.

CtA

Tim1964 21:05 04 Jul 07

Can you not print all the portrait pages first and then set the printer properties to landscape and then print just those 2 pages?

VoG II 21:17 04 Jul 07

I don't think there is a built-in method for doing this in Word. However, if you have Adobe Acrobat (not Adobe Reader) you can convert the document to a .pdf file and then rotate pages at will. Exactly how to do this depends on the version of Adobe Acrobat.

PAC1 22:14 04 Jul 07

Pages can be rotated 90 degrees in word 2003 and word 2007. I haven't tried it on earlier versions.

In word 2003,
When you want to rotate the next page go to the menu bar and select

Insert - break

A dialogue box will appear.

Under section break select next page radio button and click ok.

Then select file - page setup.

Select landscape view and click ok and next page will be rotated to landscape.

Just follow the same instructions and select portrait view to return to portrait.

Hope this helps

fitshase 22:39 04 Jul 07

Surely when they are printed you just turn the paper around?

Les 23:07 04 Jul 07

I agree with VoG™ except that you do not have to have Acrobat but a free program called PDF XChange Reader - with this you can rotate as you please. You can do other things with it too such as adding words, enclosing text with boxes etc. Very useful and free - there goes old skinflint again 8-))

IntoPCs 23:08 04 Jul 07

If you do as Tim1964 suggests you may find something under print options to flip the landscape pages? This will depend on the printer you use, but I can't think of any other way of achieving it.

jack 20:07 05 Jul 07

With the document open- go to file and page set up
and make portrait
or
In word create a new document.
Open the Landscape one.
Edit
Select all
Copy

Move to New document
Right click
Paste.

What do you get?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…