Turning on wireless network adaptor (laptop)

assassin2k 17:58 31 Dec 07

Hi guys, this is probably going to sound really dense, but I'm having some problems trying to connect my Mum's new laptop to our wireless router. It won't find any networks when I go to search for any that are available, even though my desktop PC is connected with no problems.

I checked the device manager and it has a built in Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adaptor, and all the drivers and everything is up to date, it also says it's enabled, however when I go to diagnose why windows cannot find any networks it comes up with a box saying:

"Wireless capability on this computer is turned off
Turn on wireless capability:
This can be done by using a switch, which is usually found on the front or side of the computer, or a function key combination. Click here to close this dialog box"

After spending a good ten minutes looking all over every part of the laptop, I can't see a switch to turn anything on anywhere! The laptop model is a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5535. Please help, I'm really stumped! Thanks in advance.

ambra4 18:07 31 Dec 07

Most laptop computer these days comes with a building wireless card; some required you to switch on the Wireless Radio Antenna via a small slide switch on the laptop

Or using the FN (Function) key you have to hold down the FN key and press the key with a small antenna icon to turn on the wireless card

You can also check that the wireless card is Enable from inside the Network Connection Area

Start-Setting-Network Connection-Right click-Wireless Area Connection-Enable or Disable as required

Some times you have to Disable and Enable before the card will connect to the wireless system

If not sure if laptop have a antenna switch check the manual PC layout quick guide

Check out these site before you setup the wireless system could save you a lot of time and headache.

click here

click here

Setting Up The Wireless Security System

Check out these sites before you set-up the Wireless Security System

click here

click here

click here

aine 18:49 31 Dec 07

Just take the laptop to the router ,use Ethernet cable, tune in, you can then disconnect cable. That's how mine was set up works a treat

assassin2k 19:16 31 Dec 07

Hey, thanks for the replies, feel a bit silly now, didn't see the antenna icon, pressed the function key and that and it let me turn it on so am connected now. Thanks for the help!

ambra4 07:41 01 Jan 08

Glad to Enjoy And a Happy New Year to you and your family

Ambra4

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…