Turning on wireless for Advent 9215

User-1236290 19:09 08 Feb 08

I recently bought an Advent 9215 laptop. This is going to sound like a ridiculous question but I don't seem to be able to switch on the wireless capability. Being a bit of a 'beginner', I may have missed something basic but when I try to connect, my laptop advises me that I just need to turn on wireless capability.

It says this can be done either by pressing a button on the front or side of the laptop or by using a combination of function keys. I have read my manual several times over and it doesn't give a clue as to what the function keys I need to use are, although I have tried them all, and I have tried the only 'button' I could find that could possibly be the one I need (it has an icon that looks like a radio mast, on the right side of the laptop) to no avail. Is my laptop not working or have I missed something?

If someone could let me know how to turn on my wireless, it would be much appreciated!

recap 19:27 08 Feb 08

Sorry CB123 I don't know the answer to your question but you may find it out if you click here and register?

helen_312 19:30 08 Feb 08

Have you pressed both the Fn key and the " I could find that could possibly be the one I need (it has an icon that looks like a radio mast, on the right side of the laptop) to no avail" at the same time.

User-1236290 20:03 08 Feb 08

How embarassing - it was another button that I didn't see every other time I tried! Apologies, but thanks very much for your advice guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…