Turning TV into PC monitor

chaztait 23:26 26 Jul 07

Is there something i can buy to give an output for a tv. like a coax cable or a scart lead?

its to save me buying an lcd tv.

cheers

chaztait

loser7 23:33 26 Jul 07

I have a lead that lets me use my tv as a monitor its called a tv-out lead (i think) and it plugs into the tv via scart.

loser7 23:34 26 Jul 07

I bought it on ebay chaztait but probably be able to get it just about any tech shop

Stuartli 23:36 26 Jul 07

Waste of time with an analogue TV - the definition and resolution are vastly inferior to a monitor.

LCD monitors are under £100 now for 17in models and 19in sets range from just into three figures to £165 upwards for the 22in screen.

In any case computer systems don't feature Scart sockets; some graphics cards have TV Out.

However, quite a few new LCD TV sets have VGA inputs to allow them to be used with a PC system...:-)

chaztait 23:37 26 Jul 07

ok

thanxs every1 ;)

chaztait 23:38 26 Jul 07

al just go for the monitor :)

Migwell 23:42 26 Jul 07

A while ago Maplins did a thing called AVerKey. It is a PC-TO-TV CONVERTER as they call it. You fit this gaget in the line from the computer to the monitor and another goes to the tv. It is quite expencive I think about £38.00 I bought mine so I could make a VHS tape of some training I had done on the computer and use it at work on the training room TV.

I hope this answers your question.

kspatto 23:46 26 Jul 07

it depends upon what connections you have coming out of your graphics card but how will this save you buying a tv you will still need to plug something into your PC?

you need to give a little more detail about your PC/graphics card the tv you wish to plug into and your sound card

generally speaking you need a lead from your graphics card and your sound card that fits into a scart lead adapter but there are many other ways of connecting to a tv
there are lots of kits available but they depend on the plugs mentioned here is a link to a kit on ebay ( click here )

this site gives a good description ( click here )but would use a scart adapter rather than try to make my own lead up (cant see the point)
best of look
patto

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5