turning off plug and play in bios

pookie 13:21 16 Sep 04

hi

windows xp, 3 Ghz barton, 1 Gb ddr ram, x800pro graphics, on board sound, asus a7n8x-x mobo.

in another forum someone mentioned that event though benchmarks for your system may be right, that your pc can struggle in may modern games. when i play ut2004 it does stutter abit at 1024x768 in some cases which it shouldn't - nothing serious but the odd second stutter.

this forum said that if you have on board sound that the mobo might be sharing your graphics card icq? and on board sound icq? on the same channel. to avoid this diasble plug and play in bios and they will be assigned seperate icq? channels nd thus aviod the stuttering.

does this seem resonsable? should i do it?

cheers as always

P

pookie 14:38 16 Sep 04

any thoughts :-)

pookie 14:38 16 Sep 04

any thoughts :-)

pookie 20:01 16 Sep 04

refreshed for evening crew

Dan the Confused 20:12 16 Sep 04

Don't think there's any harm in trying. You could disable onboard sound instead to see if that is the cause of the stutter.

pookie 08:56 17 Sep 04

thanks dan - disabled on board sound and not much fps difference - think i'm hoping for something that isn't there

cheers

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…