Turning off norton AV.

Meshuga 17:11 22 Jan 06

I have installed AVG free version and am golng to evaluate it and in the meantime I want to shut down NAV until I decide to turn it on again. I can only find a way to turn it of until next startup time. How can I turn it off to remain off until I decide to turn it on again or remove it entirely?

Meshuga 17:24 22 Jan 06

Bump

johnnyrocker 17:28 22 Jan 06

been using avg for some years now with no probs at all is there not a right click on the nav icon to disable? sorry not very familiar with nav

johnny.

Meshuga 17:32 22 Jan 06

Hi johnny, all I`ve found is a box giving me various times it will stay off for or to start on next startup. Thanks for your reply.

VoG II 17:39 22 Jan 06

As far as I know the only way of doing this is to sisable it using msconfig click here

johnnyrocker 17:40 22 Jan 06

or in services.

johnny.

woodchip 17:42 22 Jan 06

In MSCONFIG remove all ticks in Startup tab for Symantec and Norton

Meshuga 17:57 22 Jan 06

Many thanks VoG, had already checked there but there was nothing related to symantec or norton, however, there were items in services as per johnnyrocker. Have removed the ticks in those which has done the trick. Thanks to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…