Turning off Mouse & Router

prince midas 11:55 21 Jan 09

When I shut down my Laptop and Desktop for the night should I switch off my Router as it is like leaving it on Standby.Should I switch it off.

Second question,my mouse is a battery operated on the Laptop using a Duracell battery with a USB plugged into the the Laptop to give a conection.
I just switch off the Laptop from the mains at night and leave the battery and USB connected as they were during the day.
My friend tells me I should remove the USB connector from the Laptop and store it pushed into the pocket under the mouse to conserve the battery.It seams a lot of trouble,what are you comments on this one.

kindly 12:09 21 Jan 09

Leaving the router on does not cause any problems. Switching it off means you do save the planets resorces. LOL. Taking the mouse out may be a good idea because of that one moment where you catch the cable and snap or break something. Other than that the mouse would be ok as its not working. Its the same with a wireless mouse. It is still on when the computer is off.
Hoe this helps a bit.

crosstrainer 12:16 21 Jan 09

I always leave mine on...It consumes next to no energy, and if I wake in the middle of the night and want to use my laptop it would mean turning it on again. I do tend to switch off my main pc's at the rocker switch at the back of the case though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…