Turning Modem off at night ?

Woodmouse 18 19:21 10 Feb 08

Can anyone please advise me if it is the correct thing to turn off my modem at night or leave it on all the time. It is a D-Link DKT-710.

birdface 19:26 10 Feb 08

I leave mine on all the time.You will get others that switch off for security reasons and some to save on electricity.The choice is yours.

woodchip 19:33 10 Feb 08

it depends on your connection if you are on bb. On one system it takes some days for the Modeme and ISP to settle down to the correct speed if you are on a lulu connection then you can turn it off as I do

Stuartli 19:37 10 Feb 08

Mine's been on permanently since a year last October.

ellie82 20:00 10 Feb 08

It is def down to personal preference. I switch mine off and on when i am not using it, just incase anyone else manages to get in and use my bandwidth.Highly unlikely, but possible.

Also save electricity. So i just switch it off. My parents leave theirs on 24/7 and its fine.

So I would say which ever is easiest for you is fine....

Technotiger 20:12 10 Feb 08

I turn my PC off every night, but leave my router on 24/7.

rickf 20:12 10 Feb 08

mine's turned off everynight and its a good idea for many reasons bar what woodchip has outlined above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…