turning on computer

ericmax 12:34 15 Feb 03

this is something i have just noticed with starting my computer.i log out then turn off as
usual,everything shuts down as it should followed
by the usual silence,but instead of turning on the tower unit in the usual i have just got to
hit the space key and the computer will restart,
i know this is normal when you put it into sleep mode but it is doing this from a complete shutdown
is this normal,have i just never noticed this before,or is my computer just keen to get going
thanks for any help.

howard60 12:42 15 Feb 03

a setting in your bios - something wake on keyboard press.

Lozzy 13:56 15 Feb 03

I would say its in your Power settings held within Control Panel>>Power Options then look and check in a;; the tabs like Power, Advanced and Hibernate..

ericmax 14:02 15 Feb 03

cheers for help you were right howard60 just gone into the bios and disabled that function its probably always been that way just never noticed before.

PSF 14:04 15 Feb 03

I have set both my pc's to start from the space bar. It is done from the BIOS.

Both pc's have a Asus motherboard, you even get the option of using the mouse to start up.

If I turn the power off at the mains I have to start in the normal way by pressing the on button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…