Turning off the 3 ad

Tim1964 22:14 07 Jul 03

I sometime listen to online radio stations whilst reading the site. Is there a way to 'turn off' the ad?
Also, have advertisers ever considered that a consumer may be more likely NOT to buy/use their product if they can't stand the advert for it?

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:25 07 Jul 03

for months. Maybe one of my spyware progs blocks it. I dont use pop-up stoppers either.

Tim1964 22:30 07 Jul 03

You'll find about 20 threads running on this and the helproom forum at the moment.
It has certainly rattled a few cages, but then maybe that was the idea in the first place.....

keith-236785 00:15 08 Jul 03

certainly makes you take notice of it, even if its only till you click the little speaker symbol to turn off sound.

Gandalph 01:26 08 Jul 03

Like you, I haven't heard this ad yet. But as paperman27 suggests, it's simple enough for anyone who is annoyed with it just to click on the speaker Icon and check the mute box.

Smiler 18:09 08 Jul 03

I hadn,t heard this ad until today and now it's getting on my nerves. Why should I have to mute the sound as I like to listen to my own choice of music with my onboard cd. It's a nuisance having to find and click on the speaker button each time I go to a new page. I fear PCAdvisor could lose a lot of visitor to their site over this one.

crx1600 18:19 08 Jul 03

removing 'flash' will get rid of the advert, internet options\temp int files\settings\view objects, remove flash objects.

Smiler 18:30 08 Jul 03

How do I do this in Netscape 7 can't find internet options

crx1600 18:42 08 Jul 03

"In the Select Additional Components window, uncheck all the options except Sun Java 2 and Macromedia Flash Player. Click Next."

i dont use netscape, the above is the only mention i could find, its selectable during netscape installation.

SEASHANTY 20:37 08 Jul 03

The trouble with removing the Flash player is that the Macromedia site will keep nagging you to re-install. Also some web sites will not display certain images which use it. Like most people I've just set the speakers to "mute". Certainly wouldn't give the "3 cellphone" any house or pocket room. Will always remember them as that damed annoying outfit.

wee eddie 21:45 08 Jul 03

My staff have 3 teenagers with birthdays this month.

It's the must have present.

Now I'm going to boil my head.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…