Turn off wireless lan

trainman 2 27 Oct 11

Hi is it possible to permently turn off wireless lan, my samsung laptop always starts with it enabled, there is no switch. thanking you

Forum Editor 27 Oct 11

"there is no switch"

Forgive me for sounding doubtful, but are you absolutely sure? Some laptop wireless adapters can be turned off using one of the 'F' keys while at the same time holding down the key marked 'Fn'.

Check the F keys to see if one of them has an icon that looks as if it may be a wireless symbol.

proudfoot 29 Oct 11

I have a Samsung Netbook. I can turn off the wireless and bluetooth by pressing the Fn Key and F9. I have set mine with an icon on the system tray and click to switch wireless On/Off

dms_05 31 Oct 11

Or you can find the WiFi Adaptor in 'Connections' then right clock your mouse on it and select disable. Enable is by the same procedure.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message