Turn on wireless card

c_slater_1 20:45 05 Jan 08

Just wondering if there is a way to turn on wireless card without the funct key and F1.

I have tried this but is not working so im assuming that the F1 key is not working on the laptop.

Does anyone know of anyother way to turn on the wireless card?

May be through the control panel? Or through the properties?

Thanks in advance

Kemistri 01:28 06 Jan 08

You haven't provided much information, so this will have to be general. The drivers of most W-LAN adapters are configurable via their properties window, launched from within Device Manager, and many such driver settings palettes have an On/Off button.

brundle 01:48 06 Jan 08

You can check if F1 is working by pressing it at the Windows desktop or in any program - the Help file should appear.

postie24 11:07 06 Jan 08

Click start,in the run box type services.msc
Scroll down to wireless zero,and start the service,make it set to auto,so its enabled when you boot up.

c_slater_1 13:16 06 Jan 08

I have tried to type services.msc in the run box but I am running vista home basic.

So when I do this wireless zero does not appear as it does if running xp. Is it know as anything else when running vista?

Thanks again

brundle 13:37 06 Jan 08

It's called WLAN Autoconfig in Vista

Kemistri 13:38 06 Jan 08

That won't control the W-LAN adapter: controlling WZC bears no relation whatsoever to whether the adapter is powered up or not. It is more of interest to those who wish to use 3rd party management software and thus may need to deactivate WZC.

c_slater_1 - Don't worry about WZC or the equivalent.

c_slater_1 17:49 06 Jan 08

I have looked at the WLAN config and it is running.

The wireless card is enablled it just needs to be turned on? Any other idea how this can be done without pressing the key comb?

Thanks again

Kemistri 18:11 06 Jan 08

I provided instructions earlier, but you haven't confirmed whether you have that setting available.

ambra4 02:45 08 Jan 08

Most laptop computer these days comes with a building wireless card; some required you to switch on the Wireless Radio Antenna via a small slide switch on the laptop

Or using the FN (Function) key you have to hold down the FN key and press the key with a small antenna icon to turn on the wireless card antenna

You can also check that the wireless card is Enable from inside the Network Connection Area

Start-Setting-Network Connection-Right click-Wireless Area Connection-Enable or Disable as required

Some times you have to Disable and Enable before the card will connect to the wireless system

If not sure if laptop have a antenna switch check the manual PC layout quick guide

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…