turn off windows xp

fstr 11:12 19 Dec 03

For some reason I suddenly have to turn off my computer twice before it turns off I cant think of anything I have installed or done to cause this.

MAJ 11:15 19 Dec 03

Can you explain a little better the process you're using to turn off, fstr? And have you tried a System Restore, to a date before the error started occuring?

Ironman556 11:56 19 Dec 03

Asabove, how do you shutdown, like everything in windows there's several ways to do it. If you press the power buttn then select shutdown the following may apply:

Just wondering it you've got a "sticky" power button. If it's always twice then it's likely to be software, but if, sometimes the pc shuts down ok, and others you have to have 3 attempts it might be somthing else.

You may also like to try:

click here;en-us;320299&Product=winxp

click here;en-us;311806&Product=winxp

click here;en-us;320008&Product=winxp

click here;en-us;308029&Product=winxp

Ironman556 12:02 19 Dec 03
  fstr 12:53 19 Dec 03

I turn off By clicking start turn off computer, Then turn off

fstr 12:55 19 Dec 03

addition it appears to be twice every time

MAJ 12:59 19 Dec 03

So you go to Start > Turn off Computer > Turn Off, it then restarts and you have to go to Start > Turn off Computer > Turn Off again, at which stage it turns off????

Have you tried System Restore yet?

Ironman556 14:07 19 Dec 03

Have you tried shutting every program you can down, the shutting the pc down? Maybe somthing's causing a reboot.

fstr 14:22 19 Dec 03

Thanks Maj system restore fixed it was afraid I would have to lose a lot of programmes but only one so thats fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…