turn off speakers when i turn pc off?

zincy 18:45 16 Feb 11

Hello all

I was wondering if there is any plug or something that will help me turn off my speakers when I power down my pc? My pc is a desktop and the reason why I'm asking is my power button on my speakers is behind my sub woofer which makes it bit difficult sometimes.

Any ideas?

Thanks
zincee

Bris 19:07 16 Feb 11

I think this is what you are looking for. You plug your PC into the master socket and your speakers into one of the other sockets and when you turn off your PC it senses this and turns off the other sockets.

click here

Pineman100 19:08 16 Feb 11

Only two ways I can think of: either switch off their mains supply at the wall, or reposition the woofer to make it easier to get at the power switch.

You can get mains sockets that are remote controlled. Would that help?

click here

Pineman100 19:09 16 Feb 11

Bris posted while I was typing!

I think his idea is best.

Bris 19:27 16 Feb 11

You can get one from Argos.

click here?_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cprd:9313688%7Ccat:garden+and+diy+%2F+electrical+accessories+%2F+leads+and+sockets+%2F#pdpFullProductInformation

Bris 19:30 16 Feb 11

Sorry the links a mess but it works!

zincy 20:11 17 Feb 11

thanks for the tips!
i never heard of that before bris, but i might actually use it for my tv! Albeit being bit pricey!

britto 21:56 17 Feb 11

was given one of these, a mate got it free from electricity company
click here

plenty on ebay

same thing

click here

john bunyan 22:14 17 Feb 11

I have a double "Wall type" switched socket near my desktop into which my speakers are in one and my External Hd is in the other, so I only turn them on in use.That way I can, for example switch off the USB Hd before unplugging. I have a USB lead into which I can plug an iPod or other things instead of scrabbling about on or behind the tower (under the desk)

zincy 22:16 17 Feb 11

any link to this john? im not 100% sure what it looks like

zincy 22:21 17 Feb 11

britto thats is very good find! nice price too!
thanks

this has actaully made me think I could do more than just use it for my computer!
brillant

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced