Turn off optical mouse?

chesterfield 11:19 07 May 07

I recently bought a new PC and got a free Logitech cordless optical mouse with it. When a shut down the computer the red light of the mouse stays lit. As I have to put batteries in the mouse it doesnt seem a very good idea to have the thing on permanently but there doesnt seem to be any way to turn it off without taking out the batteries every night. Any ideas?

Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:25 07 May 07

The batteries last at least 4 months or more. Get some rechargeable ones and forget about it.

G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:41 07 May 07

I have a Logitech cordless optical mouse an d unfortunately the batteries only last a week.

So I use rechargeable battereies.

chesterfield 11:43 07 May 07

Cheers guys. Seems strange that they simply dont include an off switch on this thing. After all Logitech dont sell batteries so its not like theyre making money out of this!

PaulOwen 11:47 07 May 07

Don't be so tight!

March Hare 12:40 07 May 07

My optical mouse is an unbranded cheapo bought on eBay for less than a tenner.

It has rechargeable batteries which are charged when the mouse is sitting in its cradle. When left on the mouse mat, the red light goes out after a few minutes' inactivity and comes on again when it is moved. I presume this saves the batteries.

Sometimes (after a couple of hours continuous use) the batteries run down, but soon recover after a short spell recharging on the cradle.

Dipso 15:19 07 May 07

My mouse is supposed to have a power saving feature. It says if you press both buttons for longer (their words not mine), this activates it...unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work. Worth a try with yours I suppose.

woodchip 15:28 07 May 07

If it's USB plug it in front USB if you have one and just unplug when you have done

bruno 20:05 07 May 07

I should give it a try before you worry too much.My Microsoft one is still on its original batteries after 9 months.It gets a lot of use as well.If it gave only a week I would suspect I had a faulty one.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:10 07 May 07

I use a Microsoft wireless mouse and the 2 batteries have been in for 6 months and I use the computer daily for long periods. The thing never switches off.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017