Turn down display settings

dagbladet 14:13 21 Dec 05

I've forgotten how I switched the XP display settings to make them look a bit w98(ish), thus freeing up some sytem resources.

recap 14:18 21 Dec 05

Open Control Panel and in the left hand pane click Switch to Category View

Indigo 1 14:21 21 Dec 05

Try a Right Click on the Start Menu or go to Control Panel, Tasbar & Startmenu, then select Start Menu tab and tick the box marked Classic Start Menu.

I don't think it will free up much in the way of useful resources, are you having other problems ?

Indigo 1 14:24 21 Dec 05

Or do you mean this, right any click blank space on destop and select Properties then click the Themes tab and select a new theme from the drop down list ?

dagbladet 14:28 21 Dec 05

Basically the XP desktop contains lots of shadow and shading and stuff. This tweak turned all that off. I'm not having massive problems but with 900meg CPU, 256 meg RAM, XP pro, i'm just trying to lighten the load. I used to know how to do it but i've forgotten. I'll try these two and let you know.

De Marcus™ 14:53 21 Dec 05

Right click on My Computer icon, select properties, click oin the advanced tab and then performance, then click on settings. Select:

Adjust for best performance.

dagbladet 16:33 21 Dec 05

That's it! Thanks all. Resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…