Tuning DVD recorder

BeeWee 07:46 08 Sep 05

Hello

My JVC DVD recorder has arrived from ebuyer and I am really pleased with it. It was easy to set up apart from the fact that I can't seem to be able to tune it into the cable box which I have. This means I can't record anything from my cable channels. Does anyone have any idea how I can do this?

I managed to do this with my old VCR ..I will try to puzzle it out, but if anyone has a quick solution I would be so pleased to hear it.

Thank You

BT 09:54 08 Sep 05

I can't tell you how to do it exactly but it should be possible. Check that you have the aerial lead from your cable box securely plugged in at both ends and if it has auto tuning run this according to the manual. My Akai DVD/VHS recorder is connected to my NTL cable box and works OK. My Freeview box is connected to a VCR and works OK. I use a scart switch box for switching the outputs to the TV due to the complexity of the cable arrangement and the shortage of Inputs on the TV.

SANTOS7 11:55 08 Sep 05

click here
this will help,good luck....

Fellsider 20:13 08 Sep 05

I've got a JVC MH30 and have the Sky box connected to the L2 channel - don't have any probs recording from sky.

BeeWee 08:41 09 Sep 05

BT Santos7 and Fellside

Thank you so much for your help and advice. I have managed to do this now!

Strawballs 21:13 13 Sep 05

won't it connect via scart then it won't need tuneing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…