tuneup to make hidden admin in safe mode in win7?

Jwbjnwolf 14:17 14 Nov 10

I am guessing everyone who has vista or win7 has noticed the feature missing in safe mode am i right?
for those who don't, it is the hidden administrator account that will only show in safe mode so you can do an administrative task if you forgot your administrator password.
well vista and win7 doesnt but hopefully this is a solution.
I have tuneup utilities on my xp netbook and I have noticed that you can change what accounts show up on the login screen.
So i am guessing that if I created an administrator account with no password, i can then hid it which i am guessing will show up in safe mode, am i correct.
i am guessing that it is correct, and that it should be the exactly the same steps in vista and win7.
for those who are wondering where tuneup gives you the ability to do that,
1) if you don't have tuneup installed download the trial from tuneup's website
click here
2) when its installed, go to start menu, all programs, tuneup utillities folder, all functions, and click tuneup system control, if its a trial you have it will ask you buy now, enter product key, or carry on testing(well something simlar to that anyway), click on keep testing unless you have a key,
3) it might have a setup or something at first, but i cant remenber if it did, once in tuneup system control, on the left hand side scroll down to the administration and click on user logon,
4)it should now give you an option to use the logon screen or old logon prompt, click on the logon screen one, and click custimize,
5)once in custimize windows logon screen, go to security tab, and you can now check or uncheck the accounts you dont want the logon screen to show, and do what else you please and when you have finnished click on ok then click apply.
6)then boot the pc in safe mode and it should only show there and not in normal mode.

I am guessing this will work with win7 and vista as why shouldn't it?
As soon as i go on the dell next time i will try this and hopefully it will work, so if my mum forgets her password will not need to reinstall if havn't made a password reset disk just like i had to when i had vista as i was so frustrated that i couldnt install any games.

I think it is stupid that microsoft took away the hidden admin feature in vista and win7 as it does not make it any more secure as it is little kids that most likely to delete the password and make their own so mummy or daddy can't logon, and not many know about safe mode at that age. they would be quite smart if they did as i didnt, even when i was in yr8
the bios is more liable to be adjusted then it is to discover safe mode at that early age of understanding.

MAT ALAN 19:04 14 Nov 10

SO for all this to work you will need to PURCHASE a copy of this prog, when you loose or forget your password and the trial has runs out unless you do you are stuffed...

Jwbjnwolf 06:36 15 Nov 10

don't know after trial, mostly want to know if this will work with win7 and vista. I know it is expensive and i wish it were cheaper.
click here
this may work if got xp
click here
this should work for vista and win7

KremmenUK 07:13 15 Nov 10

This sounds like an advert to me ?

You can enable the hidden administrator account for free:

click here

This is advertised as Vista but I've successfully done it in Win7.

Jwbjnwolf 16:22 15 Nov 10

sorry if sounds like an advert
click here
this shows more screen shots on how to do this task, which i find easier to understand
but if anyone can give a link to a webpage that shows how to hid the default admin account with screenshots without needing tuneup

MAT ALAN 18:23 15 Nov 10

but if anyone can give a link to a webpage that shows how to hid the default admin account with screenshots without needing tuneup

You just have!!!!!

HO HUM...

Jwbjnwolf 18:41 15 Nov 10

oh
reading through it, it seems only to show how to enable/disable it and it doesnt seem to show how to make it to only appear in safe mode
if missed a bit then silly me so lol till you cry please if i did.
lol!!
and if there are any spelling mistakes, im on my dsi xl and i don't know if there is a way to get a spell checker to check for mistakes as you type so excuse me if there is.
really good fun using a little device for the www

Jwbjnwolf 17:45 23 Nov 10

Got tuneup on win 7 dell pc but hidding user accounts with tuneup is impossible unlike it is with xp and probably all previos versions that tuneup will install on.
But gonna try these alternative methods that mean editing the registry.

robin_x 18:24 23 Nov 10

click here allows lots of tweaks including enable/disable Admin and Guest.

robin_x 18:28 23 Nov 10

Also useful?? God Mode. click here

Jwbjnwolf 18:46 23 Nov 10

Interesting
thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…