tuneup boot ini

chippy+ 20:27 23 Nov 09

hi i have had tuneup utilities installed on my pc for a while but now i am gettina choice startups at boot up
[boot loader]
timeout=0
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /TUTag=CTPGB4 /Kernel=TUKernel.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (TuneUp Backup)" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /TUTag=CTPGB4-BAK
how do i delete tuneup and leave windows thanks Chippy

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:42 23 Nov 09

Delete boot.ini
uninstall tune up (you've bin conned if you paid for it)

Copy and paste into note pad

[boot loader]
timeout=3
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

save as boot.ini

chippy+ 12:13 24 Nov 09

Hi thanks for the reply sorry about the delay on getting back to you i was wondering how the the second boot choice was there in the first place i was trying out various changes to the look of my xp os. It is when i changed the boot screen to a different look that it was added i just removed it and went back to default and the extra boot choice was removed is it a good or bad idea to have a second boot choice ? i must say i have used tuneup for long time and it has never let me down it is just the first time i have used the change of boot screen thanks again Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…