TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-L462A

Wullie&Fraser 17:24 26 May 06

I have a Samsung P28 Laptop with the above CDW/DVD drive installed. Quite often for no apparent reason the door will click and slide open. This can happen once every now and then or a good 15-20 times an hour. I don't have a disk kept in it. I have looked at all settings I can think of and have even been to Samsung website and can find no answers. Has anyone got any ideas as to why this happens and how I can stop it?

Totally-braindead 18:13 26 May 06

The only thing I can think of is perhaps a faulty switch making intermittant contact.

Arachnae 01:26 02 Jun 06

Hi, I have the above player and I have been watching DVD's with no prob's since new (Nov05) BUT yesterday I installed Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne Bhaal extn. - no prob's - BUT when I later tried to replay a DVD from the night before it just spun with the drive lurching until it comes up, after ejecting and prompting, with the no disk in drive error. I tried other disks: CD's - data & music are fine - so surely the hardware itself is okay?? I reinstalled the viewing software (ASUS DVD) no diff. Still no recognition of DVD's as anything at all. I am in search of drivers for the hardware interface now. Am I on the right track - is it the DVD codecs??? I could use some advice, esp. on what I should be looking for.
Cheers
Arachnae

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…