Trying to wireless connect second laptop ?

wishtobwireless 07:48 28 Jun 06

Thanks to you guys I have managed to connect my laptop 'wireless to BT VOYAGER 2091-A8 My daughter has returned from UNI and we wish to connect her laptop. It worked fine at Uni! She has a Dell Inspiron 2600 using NetgearMA521 802.11b card. It states excellent signal to BT Voyager but needs a network key! Is it as simple as that and how do we get the key? My daughter seems to think that maybe my laptop it set up to not allow her to use my broadband! Could this be the problem? Thanks in advance for any help, if this can be acheived a mother and daughter may now be able to stop fighting for MY LAPTOP!!!!

Diodorus Siculus 09:19 28 Jun 06

The key is likely the encrytion key that is broadcast by the router.

Do you have one?

The Old Mod 10:13 28 Jun 06

Hi, the key should be underneath the 2091, hope you find it.

ade.h 12:06 28 Jun 06

It will no doubt be listed in the config interface anyway - under Wireless Settings or Security or similar. While you're there, check your MAC address filtering; if you have it enabled, you won't get far without entering the new client's physical address. If MAC filtering is on, I suggest turning it off in order to keep it simple.

wishtobwireless 14:38 28 Jun 06

Yes the key number is written under the router and have tried to look for MAC filtering, granted quickly at lunch time when I nipped home... I will try again this evening to find out how to install the Key number and turn off the MAC filter. Thanks for your help!
regards Dawn Banbury

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…