Trying to use an ISO image of Windows 7 Pro but get error messages-help?

SANAP 11:43 19 Mar 14

I have to say I have never used an ISO image before so totally lost. My idea is to try Windows 7 pro on a trial basis so I went to a download site and selected what I thought was a usable ISO image. Burned it to dvd with NERO. Stated up my windows xp pro pc, popped DVD in drive and expected auto run but lo and behold I got 2 errors.

1. the application is not a valid windows image

2. the auto run is corrupt!!

I downloaded from here

click here am I missing? Sounds like a nice way to try windows 7.

What

Batch 12:13 19 Mar 14

Did you use a specific Burn Image or Burn ISO Image in Nero? If not that is possibly the source of your problem. Just burning the ISO file to a DVD as a data file is no good.

A successful burn will show something like the following folders in the root of the DVD:

• boot
  • efi
  • sources
  • support
  • upgrade

And the following files:

• autorun.inf
  • bootmgr
  • setup.exe

In any event, you will need to boot from the DVD to install it. It is no good trying to install it from within WinXP.

Alternatively, was the download successful? Trying to download these large ISO files in something like WinXP without a download manager is notoriously hit and miss (doing from within Windows 7 is much more reliable as it manages downloads much more effectively than WinXP).

SANAP 14:26 19 Mar 14

thanks all. And I thought it would be easy. Anwyay, yes I checked if PC can run win7, I have 4gb ram and pentium3.7 cpu plus a good graphics card. I ran upgrade advisor as well and most of the stuff will work. I did d/l 32 bit version. I used iso in nero as instructed. I can open DVD and get boot, efi. sources support upgrade, then auto.inf bootmgr and setup exe, just as you quoted above.

With nero I just followed the prompts. And selected the ISO file using the name as that I d/l. this is the name of file X17-59183.iso under english.

And the site did suggest a download manager.

I will try the link for another ISO and use IMGBURN this time.

will be back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now